Younger college students are being launched to expertise manner earlier than kindergarten. College students who’re blind and low imaginative and prescient usually entry teacher-created books and supplies created utilizing presentation functions similar to PowerPoints, Keynotes and Google Slides. This put up is one in a sequence of posts about accessible Keynote shows on an iPad working VoiceOver geared for rising readers and early readers. Toddlers and preschoolers are motivated by books about themselves, their household, their college, and acquainted issues. TVIs and relations are creating accessible digital books for these very younger college students who can take heed to the books; and, when paired with a braille show, these college students may also be uncovered to and/or learn the books in braille. The flexibility to entry slide shows can also be a prerequisite tech ability for kindergarten college students and above.
Word: Mainstream Nationwide Expertise Requirements dictate that college students are launched to creating easy shows in kindergarten or first grade with mastery of superior slide presentation expertise by the tip of third grade. Earlier than the coed is launched to creating shows, the coed needs to be aware of accessing shows.
Accessing Keynote Displays with VoiceOver
- Open Keynote
Proper swipe or drag to seek out the specified ebook.
- Choose desired ebook with a double faucet or break up faucet.
Play Keynote: Swipe proper or drag throughout the software bar on the prime of the display screen to Play button.
- Choose with a double faucet or break up faucet.
- Hearken to title web page: Swipe proper.
- Flip web page: Three-finger swipe left.
Word: Relying on the slide, the slide could learn the complete web page, together with the picture description. (Instance: VoiceOver reads the complete slide within the video tutorial with the Horizontal Picture with textual content beneath.) Different slides in the identical theme deck could require a proper swipe to maneuver from the textual content to the picture description.
Required Gestures to Open the Guide
- Swipe proper and double faucet, or
- Drag and break up faucet
Required Gestures inside the Guide
- Proper swipe (transfer to subsequent merchandise – if utilizing a slide that requires navigating to the picture)
- Three-finger swipe left (flip web page)
Braille Show Instructions
If a pupil has a paired braille show and is studying the ebook in braille, you’ll be able to mute VoiceOver speech if desired and the coed reads the braille, or the coed can take heed to VoiceOver learn the textual content whereas following alongside on the braille show.
Word: Many younger college students battle to bodily make gestures. Many of those college students discover that the joystick instructions and/or braille show instructions are simpler to carry out.
- Mute VoiceOver speech: M Chord (dots 1+3+4+house)
- Transfer to the following merchandise: Joystick proper or dot 4+house (equal to proper swipe)
- Flip the web page: O Chord (dots 1+3+5+house; equal to three-finger swipe left)
- Choose an merchandise: Joystick in or dots 3+6+house (equal to double faucet)
Bluetooth Keyboard Instructions
For college students who’re studying to navigate with a Bluetooth keyboard or for college students who battle making the bodily gestures, the Bluetooth keyboard instructions could also be extra environment friendly.
- Transfer to the following merchandise: Proper arrow (equal to proper swipe)
- Flip the web page: Choice+proper arrow (equal to three-finger swipe left)
- Choose an merchandise: Up arrow+down arrow (equal to double faucet)
The video tutorial under demonstrates entry a easy Keynote presentation/ebook geared for rising or early readers.