Calling BVI highschool artists! Make artwork about astronomy and outer house to be loved by a blind viewers!
We would like your assist sharing astronomy knowledge utilizing artwork! Sonification is the method of changing knowledge to sound. When it is astronomical knowledge, we name it House Sonification. We’re in search of passionate highschool artists to create a chunk within the medium of your alternative. It may be music, animation, drawing, writing, dance…no matter you want. It simply must be about sonification and one thing we will share with the world.
Apply for a 6-week, paid artwork residency at Baltimore’s House Telescope Science Institute. College students will obtain a $800 greenback stipend for his or her work.
Apply at STSI right here.
We’ll meet weekly to trade concepts, see your progress, and study extra concerning the science behind house sonification to encourage your work.
We might be accepting purposes till midnight Thursday, July 1st. We might be in contact whether or not your utility was accepted by July 14th.
Instance Concepts for Artwork Initiatives
- Compose digital music utilizing our house sonifications
- Create a three-d drawing explaining a scientific idea we now have sonified
- Write and document your self studying a sci-fi story about house with sonifications as ambient background noise
- Create an animation about heartbeat stars (We did this for exoplanets and astroseismology).
- No matter else you may think about!
Extra about House Sonification
- Intro to sonification: video(1:54)
Paths to Know-how weblog put up written by jenn Kotler and Chinwe Edeani.