The Middle for Assistive Expertise Coaching (CATT) is a federally funded venture offering know-how on to college students who’re visually impaired. The Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind (AIDB) and APH have collaborated to make assistive know-how units out there to TVIs and to college students who’re blind or low imaginative and prescient. Coaching can also be out there to lecturers working with college students who’re blind or low imaginative and prescient in addition to college students themselves as requested – all at no cost. Sort of apparatus and coaching is set on a case-by-case foundation.
Who Can Qualify?
TVIs and college students in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- TVIs could qualify to obtain know-how for demonstration functions!
- College students Pre-k by way of 21 years outdated on a case-by-case foundation
Expertise offered is owned by the scholar
- Expertise just isn’t “loaned” – it belongs to the scholar
- If the scholar strikes to a different district or out of state, the know-how goes with the scholar
What Expertise is Accessible?
- Should be “know-how” out there by way of APH (not paper or different provides)
- “Expertise” contains refreshable braille shows, sensible braille, Matt Join, Jupiter, Braille Buzz, and many others.
- “Expertise” doesn’t need to be on quota funds
- AIDB workers offers the coaching
Trainings might be digital or face-to-face
- Employees travels to the scholar’s faculty or residence
- Coaching is offered straight for the scholar and/or relations, TVI or anybody working with the kid
- Coaching just isn’t “one-and-done”, that means if the scholar can obtain a number of classes as wanted